Here are some easy-to-implement tips that could help save you money and give you some peace of mind.
The new 2018 Ford F-150 is even tougher, even smarter and even more capable than ever. You probably wouldn’t expect anything less from this F-series truck, America’s best-selling line of trucks for 40 consecutive years!
The new F-150 is expected to deliver on its Built Ford Tough promise through a segment-exclusive combination of advanced materials that are durable and inhibit corrosion.
A high-strength steel fully boxed ladder frame and high-strength, military-grade, aluminum-alloy body save weight and add capability, helping F-150 tow heavier trailers than ever.
The new 2018 F-150 has bold new front and rear styling, crafted from high-strength, military-grade, aluminum alloy. The new grille, headlamps and bumpers create a wider look and more planted stance. On the Sport Package-equipped F-150 Lariat, the signature twin bars are painted body-color for a more athletic appearance. There are multiple wheel styles to choose from across the trim levels, ranging in diameter from 17 to 22 inches.
Inside the cab, customers will find three new available seating trim colors – Dark Marsala for F-150 Platinum, while top-of-the-line F-150 Limited offers Navy Pier. The F-150 King Ranch® features new Kingsville Appointed seats.
The new Ford F-150 builds on an already impressive list of standard and available technologies, providing even more convenience and entertainment .
Have a look at this list of available features and systems:
· New Pre-Collision Assist1 with Pedestrian Detection can help the driver avoid or mitigate collisions with vehicles and pedestrians
· New B&O PLAY Premium Audio System by Harman takes advantage of high-end speakers, sound and tuning to deliver a richer, more engaging listening experience
· New embedded 4G LTE modem can be used to create Wi-Fi hot spot2
· New adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go functionality lets drivers set a cruising speed, then uses radar and camera technology to monitor traffic ahead and maintain a set distance between vehicles – even following a vehicle down to a complete stop3
· SYNC® and SYNC 3 with FordPass3 is compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto4 – plus mobility services to help customers move more efficiently
· 360-degree camera technology helps improve driver confidence when parking and can help reduce stress when connecting a trailer – giving drivers a better view so they can focus on tasks such as lining up a hitch
· Lane-Keeping System is designed to help reduce unintentional drifting outside the intended lane5
· Blind Spot Information System with trailer tow technology is optimized for F-150 to include a trailer up to 33 feet long; BLIS® uses radar sensors in the taillamps to monitor areas that might not see
For many people, capability defines a pickup, and we think that those people will find what they are looking for in the new 2018 F-150 with four engines to choose from, starting with a new, standard 3.3-liter V6 with direct injection. The 3.3-liter V6 is expected to offer the same 282 horsepower and 253 lb.-ft. of torque as the previous model’s standard 3.5-liter V6. A second-generation 2.7-liter EcoBoost® features advanced dual-port and direct-injection technology, reduced internal friction and improved robustness. The 5.0-liter V8 is also available with upgrades for increased power and torque.
For the first time ever, the F-150 will be available with a diesel engine: the 3.0-liter Power Stroke®6 which was designed, engineered and tested in-house.
All of these engines will feature standard start/stop technology. The 3.3-liter V-6 will come with a 6-speed automatic transmission, while the rest of the engines will be paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission.
The new 2018 F-150 goes on sale in fall 2017. It will be built at Dearborn Truck Plant in Dearborn, Michigan, and Kansas City Assembly Plant in Claycomo, Missouri.
Visit ford.com to learn more.
1 Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver's attention, judgment and the need to control the vehicle. While Pre-collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection may be especially helpful in unexpected situations, it does not replace the driver and has limitations, including nighttime, low and harsh lighting conditions, vehicles moving in a different direction and certain weather conditions.
2 Don’t drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don’t use handheld devices while driving. Requires SYNC 3 with SYNC Connect. Wi-Fi Hotspot available on select 2018MY vehicles, starting in fall 2017, and includes services for five years from the vehicle sale date. Message and data rates may apply. Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Appliance.
3 Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver's attention, judgment and the need to control the vehicle.
4 Available feature. Don’t drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don’t use handheld devices while driving. Apple CarPlay is available on 2017 models with SYNC 3; owners of 2016 models with SYNC are required to perform a software upgrade (available late 2016) and purchase a hardware upgrade. Requires phone with compatible version of Apple iOS and active data service. SYNC does not control CarPlay while in use. Apple is solely responsible for their functionality. Apple, Apply CarPlay, iPhone, Apple Maps and Siri are trademarks of Apple Inc.
Android Auto is available on 2017 models with SYNC 3; owners of 2016 models with SYNC 3 are required to perform a software upgrade (available late 2016). Requires phone with compatible version of Android Auto and active data service. SYNC does not control Android Auto while in use. Google and other third parties are responsible for their respective functionality. Android Auto, Google, Google Play and other marks are trademarks of Google Inc.
Message and data rates may apply.
5 Lane-Keeping System does not control steering. Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s attention, judgment and need to control the vehicle.
6 Available Spring 2018.