How this Ford helps one woman feel at home, whether she’s living in Wisconsin or Micronesia
They say that the only constant in this world is change. Never has that been more clear than in the Looking Further with Ford 2017 Trend Report.
For the past several years, a team of futurists here at Ford have taken a deep look into the minds of consumers across the world, identifying the technological, political, economic, environmental and social factors that drive our lives. The findings are then developed into insights that help Ford become the best mobility company in the world.
Think of it this way—with a better understanding of what customers care about, their passions, their fears and their aspirations—Ford can better develop products and services that meet their needs today and tomorrow.
Sheryl Connelly, Ford global trend and futuring manager, says there is no escaping the fact that disruption is now status quo. “What’s fascinating,” she says, “is how Ford is adapting and innovating—offering customers and society at large tangible ways to improve their mobility needs and ultimately, their daily way of life.”
The 2017 Ford trend report is a bit of an anniversary edition, where three key findings from the previous versions are reexamined and updated based on the most recent observations:
· Trust is the New Black – The perception of truth has shifted dramatically, especially in the past year. It used to be that facts were facts. But it seems like what people believe to be the truth is a factor of their perception.
· Female Frontier – At no point in history has the role of women been more prominent. Traditional gender roles are becoming a thing of the past, as changing dynamics change the shift the responsibilities shared by men and women.
· Sustainability Blues – People are beginning to understand and appreciate the fragility of natural resources more than ever before. Natural and manmade disasters are prompting people around the world to become more mindful of their environmental footprints.
In addition to revisiting those three relevant trends, this year’s report is filled with several more key insights from our ever-changing culture.
Some of today’s most pressing questions are explored, and the observations provided could help unlock a better understanding of how we, as a society, are evolving.
· How do we define prosperity?
· In an on-demand world, do traditional rules of time even exist anymore?
· Have we reached a point where technology is becoming more of a hindrance than a help?
· In a socially connected world, how are parents adapting their ways of raising children?
· Who has the greatest responsibility to bring about progress and change?
These are just a few of the topics explored in the 2017 Ford trend report. If your curiosity is piqued, and you’d like to know more about where our culture might be headed, download the full Ford Trend Report.
As 2016 draws to a close, what trends have you noticed? Are we headed in a direction that you’re particularly excited about? Tell us what you think in the comments below!