The refreshed 2013 Taurus SHO is one mean machine. The exterior design, performance and interior features are top notch, forward thinking and the SHO certainly rivals the German offerings.
However, with all of the standard and available features I still want to see more from Fords Flagship. It would be great to see the following either as standard or optional items on future SHO models.
1) Panoramic Sunroof Option (this could be applied across the Taurus line-up)
2) Unique, flat bottom sports steering wheel with thumb grips. You could even inscribe the SHO lettering on the wheel -- much like Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep offers with their SRT line.
3) A more aggressive rear diffuser in piano black to better match the unique grille and set the SHO apart from the Taurus -- much like the Edge Sport offers.
4) Piano black inserts around the DRLs and lower opening to match the grille.
5) Automatic Tilt-down Mirror when in reverse. The back-up camera and sensors are great but the tilt-down feature will help save the beautifully sculpted 20" rims from nearly certain curb-rash (this could be applied across the Taurus line-up).
I plan to buy an SHO this spring, but if I see that any or all of these features/options make their way into the 2014 lineup I will wait. If not, perhaps in the 2015 redesign.
Rate this idea
Total votes: 4
+4 / -0
Share the Love.
Choose the badge that speaks to you and take the first step into the amazing world of Ford Social. Learn More >