I currently drive a 2003 4Runner that has been very good to me. It has the perfect balance of fuel economy, maneuverability (it helps in the tight parking lots of LA), and off-road ability. When the time comes to replace the 4Runner I want it to be a Ford.
However, my options are limited.
1. Ford Explorer - Great car but not a true SUV. I wouldn't feel comfortable taking it off road. I'm not talking about mud bogs and rock crawling but just a step or two beyond a gravel fire service road.
2. F-150 4X4 - This is a great truck especially with the EcoBoost V6. If I didn't live in the city I would buy one in a heartbeat.
Other than Ford
3. Jeep Wrangler - This is the ticket for off road and maneuverability. But it's a Chrysler product. And the fuel economy is horrible. Not a lot of interior storage. But a great week-end driver.
4. Toyota 4Runner - This is the perfect balance of road manners and adventure.
What would happen if Ford brought back the Bronco? I picture an SUV designed to compete with Toyota's FJ Cruiser and Jeep Wrangler.
- A balance of adventure and road manners
- The utility of a Wrangler (removable top)
- Big enough to put the dogs in the back and go hunting or bring a friend or two snowboarding, but not so big parking is painful
- I'm thinking a size in between the Edge and Explorer
Rate this idea
Total votes: 4
+4 / -0
Share the Love.
Choose the badge that speaks to you and take the first step into the amazing world of Ford Social. Learn More >