One of the features of Ford Escape advertised a while ago was "Active Parking Assist". It'll be a while before humans start trusting such an automation with complex maneuvers like parallel parking, but a good step towards it will be a suggestive system.
The driver is still in control, but sensors, and perhaps a side-pointing camera, output parallel parking data onto the central console. This information can include:
- Images from side and rear cameras
- Distance between your car and the car on the side
- Distances between your car and the car in front of you and behind you (most important out of the two)
- Distance from the curb (this may be a bit tricky one but not impossible)
- Suggestions such as "Now: turn the wheel right/left" and "Straighten the wheel"
Essentially all that the Escape's "Parking Assist" does but let the driver be in control.
Rate this idea
Total votes: 1
+0 / -1
Share the Love.
Choose the badge that speaks to you and take the first step into the amazing world of Ford Social. Learn More >