We recently asked fans on our Ford Trucks Facebook page about the craziest thing they’ve ever done with their Ford truck. In just a few short hours, we had over 200 comments and some incredible stories that you’ll have to read to believe.
Whether the truck hauled, yanked, bounced or jumped its way into the stuff of legends, it goes without saying that you should not try to duplicate these stories on your own.
Before we share the stories here, we’d like to invite you to submit your own story that shows how big of a Ford truck fan you are, and maybe you can score some cool Ford Social swag! We’re giving away T-shirts to the first 50 Ford Social members who get their truck story with a video published, so don’t spare the details!
Feats of Strength
Sometimes owners don’t fully grasp the term Built Ford Tough® until they face extraordinary circumstances. These are the kinds of stories that you wouldn’t believe unless you were there to see them, the kinds that leave everyone with wide eyes and open mouths.
- Sensing the opportunity to be a diplomatic ambassador and flex some American muscle while doing so, Eric S. “Pulled a fully loaded bus of Chinese tourist out of a snow drift with (his) ‘03 F-250 Crew Cab.”
- Kyle H. didn’t need any fancy construction equipment to do demo work on a job site. Instead, he “tore down a 2-story house with (his) ‘03 Heritage Edition fF-150 4×4 in 2-wheel drive.” Adding that his “dual straight pipes sounded good when I was yankin it down.”
- Shawn G., the consummate party guest, decided to bring some firewood to a get together he was attending. Instead of stopping off at the store, he cut out the middleman and “hooked (his) ‘97 F-250 Power Stroke® to a 3-ft. larch and pulled it down.”
- Tim evidently forgot that his Ford truck wasn’t a locomotive when he “once pulled a string of rail cars with (his) F-350.”
Intentional or not, sometimes Ford trucks end up off the beaten path, and the destination can be every bit as exciting as the journey.
- While out for a leisurely stroll in his 1995 F-250 5.8-liter V8 5-speed 4×4, Brett B. “Jumped a set of 3 railroad tracks, missing the 2nd completely and nose dived after the 3rd.” He “came down super hard,” but thankfully his Super Duty® “still drove straight as an arrow!”
- In a blast-from-the-past, Brett V. once took his 1979 Ford F-150 “four-wheeling with on set-aside land for a reservoir, jumped over an embankment and ended up on a golf course!” Luckily, he was able to yell “fore” and no golfers were harmed during the incident.
- We aren’t going to ask how it got there, but according to Robert G. “(His) Ford truck went in a lake up to the steering wheel.” But the good news is that – even though it’s not a submarine, “a guy pulled (him) out and (he) drove it home.”
Towing and four-wheeling aren’t the only ways into a great story. These owners found new and interesting ways to use their Ford trucks.
- Kelley W. and his wife were getting impatient. Their soon-to-be-born baby just wouldn’t make a debut. But how could their 1978 Super Duty help? Well, they “went mudding trying to induce her labor.”
- Robert J. wasn’t about to waste his hard-earned money on a fancy whirlpool. Especially not when you can take “plastic ground cloth and made a portable spa.”
- Who needs a cooler? Certainly not Matthew C. who “put a tarp in the bed, filled it with water, ice and beer and had (his) own private mini vacation in my driveway.”