Some people trade in their vehicle when a lease is up, or something new catches their attention. Others form a longer-lasting bond with their car, truck or SUV. After a couple of years, they’re just getting started. Which side you’re on has a lot to do with whether you see your vehicle as a method of getting from A to B, or a partner that is part of the family.
Today, we honor those Ford Social fans that are in it for the long haul. We celebrate owners that watch as the odometer adds a sixth figure and say to themselves, “I’m just breaking this thing in.”
Today, we welcome new initiates into the unofficial Ford Social High Miler Club. Let’s meet our esteemed Ford fans and learn more about their veteran vehicles:
- D.F. has a 2006 Ford Fusion with well over 230K miles on it. Since driving it off the dealer lot with 40 miles, they’ve managed to tack on an additional 32,000 a year for over 7 years. You’d think with all of that driving, there would be a lot of wear and tear on the old girl. You’d be wrong. Read D.F.’s full story and see how many miles they plan to get out of this intrepid Fusion.
- When you think of a high mileage Ford, you’re probably thinking of an F-Series truck, or maybe an early model year Explorer. But Rodman H. is challenging the perception with his 2006 Ford Mustang with over a quarter of a million miles on it. Like several other Ford Social High Mileage Club members, Rodman’s Mustang has shouldered the load of miles without a lot of major work. This “Ford Family for Life,” has a few more Fords in the garage that might soon join the Mustang on the longevity podium.
- Before rolling over to 283,000 miles, Jeremy’s V6 Ford Explorer became a Christmas Eve legend in the City of Minneapolis. You see, a blizzard blanketed much of the area with sleet, ice and snow, making travel difficult. But that didn’t stop Jeremy from venturing out to keep up a holiday tradition. Before long, he came across a semi-truck that was stuck in the ice. As it turns out, Jeremy was in the right place at the right time, with an opportunity to perform a minor Christmas miracle. Read the full article to see how it all unfolded.
- A quarter million miles is good, but what about half a million? Joe B.’s 2000 Ford F-150 has driven to the equivalent of the moon and back. But according to him, this truck is just getting started. Read the full article to see what he did to keep his truck on the road for so long, and what his plans are for when it comes time to retire it.
- Speaking of F-150 trucks with half a million miles on them, Joe B.’s is not the only one on the block. Marvin J. has a 2004 F-150 with 520,000 miles and the original motor and transmission. He’s put over 57,000 miles on it every year for the last decade, but you wouldn’t know by the looks of it.
Do you have a Ford that has racked up some serious mileage, but is still going strong? We want to know all about it! Share the tale of your high mileage Ford by submitting a story. You can also show off pictures of your odometer by sharing a photo. You can even grab a Ford Social high-miler badge to let everyone know you have a Ford with six figures worth of road behind it.