Ford Social is celebrating the season of giving with automotive gift suggestions for the auto enthusiasts on your list. Whether you’re looking for a simple stocking stuffer or something big for under the tree, we’ve got you covered.
Do you know a Ford fan with a passion for a specific vehicle? There are always great gift ideas available at the Official Ford Accessories Store.
For the Commuter
Driving back and forth to work during rush hour is a chore. You can log a lot of wasted hours while you’re sitting in traffic. If you know someone with a long commute, a simple gift that can provide entertainment or productivity during a usually monotonous drive can go a long way.
- Audiobooks – Finding time to catch up on your reading list is tough, especially when you’re in your car for hours every week. Help a friend or family kill some time while expanding their literary horizons with an audio book. Services like Audible allow mobile device users to save or stream books on-the-go.
- Travel Mugs – A high quality, insulated travel mug is a must-have for anyone that spends long hours in the car.
For the Tech Guy/Gal
Know someone that always needs to have the latest gadgets? There are lots of gift options for the car enthusiast with a knack for all things technology.
- Digital Tire Pressure Gauge – The old school versions with the rod that pops out is so 90’s. A digital tire pressure gauge is a good gift for the tech-savvy driver.
- Racing Video Games – Who doesn’t like speeding around exotic destinations in virtual performance car? There are many popular titles to choose from for a variety of systems. Some games even let you drive Ford vehicles. Just saying.
For the Extreme Automotive Enthusiast
Car nuts can be tough to buy for. It doesn’t matter if you don’t know a piston from a pushrod, these simple suggestions are sure to please the greasiest monkey.
- Detailing Kit – Anyone who loves their car should have a professional detailing kit on hand. Give the gift of a showroom finish.
- Portable Air Compressor – Keeping your tires properly inflated is good for your fuel economy, and so much more. A portable air compressor allows quick and easy inflation anywhere, anytime.
- Battery Jump Start Kit – Car guys and car gals love to come to the rescue. Having a high-quality battery jump start kit is a convenient way to be a good Samaritan.
For the Neat Freak
It’s tough keeping your car clean and some people try a lot harder than others. If this sounds like someone you know, help them keep their vehicle spotless and de-cluttered with the items below.
- Trunk Organizer – A place for everything and everything in its place. That’s the creed of the perpetually organized. Help them bring order to trunk chaos with an organizer.
- Pet Seat Cover – Everyone loves taking Fido for a ride in the car. But the pet hair left behind is a pain to clean. A pet seat cover is a great gift for anyone who wants to treat their pet to some wind in the face, without the messy cleanup.
- Microfiber Towels – When you take having a clean car seriously, you can never have too many towels.
For the Road Tripper
For some people, it’s not a vacation unless they’re driving cross-country. If you have a road tripper on your shopping list, consider one of these gift ideas.
- Emergency Roadside Kit – A good, well-stocked emergency roadside kit is essential if you’re hitting the road for any long distance trip, especially in colder weather. Jumper cables and a jack won’t do. Give the gift of preparedness.
- Flat Tire Repair Kit – Nothing sucks the fun out of a road trip faster than a flat tire in the middle of nowhere. Help your road tripper re-inflate the fun, and their busted tire, with an emergency flat repair kit.
- Book of Travel Destinations – Our great nation is filled with all sorts of interesting places to visit while out on a road trip. Help your travel-savvy friend or family member discover a new spot with a book of travel destinations. From well-known landmarks to obscure curiosities, chances are there’s a book for everyone.
What’s the best automotive gift you’ve ever given or received? Tell us all about it by submitting your story!
Have a suggestion of your own? Tell us about it in the comments!